MIDI controller workshop planning

Running a quick poll for interest in a MIDI controller workshop where you would get all the parts to make your own midi controller, we would mount it together and program it. I’m trying to keep parts price <$20 so the workshop stays affordable (you would only pay to cover for parts and shipping, I want no profit from it). It would be based on a RP2040 pico, have tactile buttons and sliders, maybe pots and eventually MIDI IN/OUT (so it would act as a USB MIDI interface as well). I know a good chunk of people coming to the group are not PS1 members so if you have means to contact them to see if they would be interested that would be great. Please give contact info (you can email me at bjonnh-midi@bjonnh.net )

1 Like

I would be interested!

I would also be interested! I’ve been wanting to learn how to do this for quite a while :slight_smile:

Hi just joined PS1 yesterday and this is exactly the kind of stuff I’ve been looking to get into! Love any and all music tech.

I’d be interested as well!

Make sure you give me your email see post above.

1 Like

EMMG Midi Synth - Bjonnh.net - If you want to follow the progress on the midi controller.

2 Likes

I just sent the boards for fabrication. If there are no unexpected customs or lost packages this is the expected cost for the workshop (there are still seats available, but you have to let me know ASAP so I can plan a date):
$22 / board (includes everything)
$8 / support for development (optional, this would cover all I spent to develop the board and make the prototypes)
$5 / support for PS1 electronics lab (optional, that’s just because we are going to use the electronic lab tools and the 3.5mm jacks that are there)

There will be 20 boards available, so if we have less than 20 participants, you can get more than 1.

@sky is working on a box for it, she will update us about the costs associated (this will be optional if you want one)

I sent emails about registration for the workshop to those that expressed interest, make sure you check your spam areas too.

Please RSVP before the 21st